Pakistan decides to reopen schools partially from January 18
ISLAMABAD – Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood announced on Monday that educational institutions will be reopened across the country in three phases.
While addressing a press conference, he said that classes for grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 will be resumed on January 18 while students of primary classes till grade 8 will start attending schools from January 25.
He added that universities and other higher educational institutions will reopen from February 1 in the third phase.
The administration staff and teachers of the institutions will be allowed to resume duties at schools, colleges and universities from January 11.
Students hail Shafqat Mahmood as Pakistan closes ... 07:40 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan education minister Shafqat Mahmood has earned an expected praise by the students in the ...
The board exams have been postponed till May and June, giving students more time to prepare for their exams.
The federal education minister said that another meeting will be held on January 14-15 to review the situation, adding that the decisions have been taken after holding consultation with all provinces.
The government had closed the education institutions in November 2020 as the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic hit the country.
Pakistan reports 39 deaths, 1,895 coronavirus ... 09:42 AM | 4 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Monday reported 39 new deaths and 1,895 fresh infections in the last 24 hours by the ...
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey steps down09:01 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan, Thailand seal victories in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup ...12:20 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mob sets police station on fire in Pakistan over 'desecration' of ...11:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021