First Pakistani doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH – A senior Pakistani doctor became the first expatriate health worker to die from novel coronavirus in Saudi Arabia’s holy city of Makkah.
According to Saudi Gazette, Dr. Naeem Khaled Choudhary was a specialist surgeon at Makkah’s Hira General Hospital and on forefront in the fight against the pandemic.
The Health Affairs Department of the city has expressed grief over the demise of the Chaudhry, describing him a role model for the medical staff for his heroic role during the ongoing health crisis.
Dr. Wael Hamzah Mutair, director general of Health Affairs in Makkah region, said that the deceased doctor was one of the best medical professionals.
“We consider him to be one of the martyrs who stood at the first lines of defense,” he said.
- Saudi Arabia offers assistance for construction of Quran complex in ...06:48 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- World's premier Schools & Societies Conference ends in Lahore06:05 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Education ministry start consultations with all stakeholders on ...04:38 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran moves to revive coronavirus-hit economy with surge in ...04:27 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Abhishek, Aishwarya & daughter Aradhya Bachan test positive for ...03:18 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020