Outsiders need NOC to marry women in this Pakistani district
PESHAWAR – The Khyber Paktunkhwa Assembly unanimously approved a resolution, which makes non-residents of Chitral district bound to get permission from competent authority for marrying women of this region.
The resolution, which is yet to be voted into law, was tabled by lawmaker Wazir Zada with an aim to end the practice of bride-dumping and other related crimes.
Men, who want to marry Chitrali women, will have to apply for no-objection certificates (NOC) under the new rule.
Reports said that most of the outsiders have no intention of having long-term relationships, adding that a vicious trend had caused abuse, domestic violence, and even murder of the Chitrali women.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 08 May 202112:30 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-08-Updated 10:00 ...11:56 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan expresses concerns over seizure of uranium in India11:13 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia sign agreements to boost bilateral ties (VIDEO)10:09 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Meet UAE's most followed social media star - Omar Hassan10:14 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021