Punjab Police fail to register FIR against assassination attempt on Imran Khan
LAHORE – A First investigation Report (FIA) against assassination attempt on PTI Chairman Imran Khan could not be registered despite lapse of over 24 hours after the incident occurred near Wazirabad.
An armed man opened fire during PTI’s long march, leaving Imran Khan and 14 others injured, and one citizen dead. The 70-year-old politician received bullets in his right legs and he underwent medical procedure at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital in Lahore. His health condition is said to be stable.
As per the law, a public hospital makes a medico-legal report when it receives a case of firing incident and later police registered FIR in light of the report.
As the Khan was taken to a private hospital instead of a public health facility, the medico-legal report could not be made, causing delay in FIR registration.
The investigation teams collected 11 shells of bullets from the crime scene, saying nine of them were fired from a pistol while two were fired from a big rifle.
They said that bullets fired from the pistol hit the containers while the two were fired from the container.
Meanwhile, Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has raised objections over delay in registration of FIR against the incident, adding: “Maybe they (PTI) are trying to register the FIR as per their wishes,”.
Violent protests erupt in Lahore, Karachi, ... 06:04 PM | 4 Nov, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) workers are holding protests in various cities across the country ...
- Muhammad Waseem’s defiant knock carries New York Strikers past Samp ...06:46 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill five terrorists in North Waziristan operation06:33 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Imran Khan challenges FIA authority to probe cipher audio leak case06:11 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Russia agrees to provide crude oil, petrol at discounted rates to ...05:45 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Alishbah Anjum and Jannat Mirza's new video breaks the internet05:00 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sajal Aly says she prefers love marriages over arranged ones04:16 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022