Broner stops Allakhverdiev to capture WBA title
CINCINNATI (APP) - Adrien Broner stopped former world champion Khabib Allakhverdiev in the 12th round
Saturday in front of his home crowd in Cincinnati to capture the WBA super lightweight title.
The 26-year-old American Broner, who improved to 31-2 with 23 knockouts, picked up his fourth world title in four different weight classes.
Broner was pounding the Russian at will with combination punches in the 12th when referee Harvey Dock stepped in to stop the punishment.
With Allakhverdiev (19-2, nine KOs) unable to fight back Dock stopped it at 2:23 of the round, awarding the technical knock out to Broner.
- Daughters share nightmare how Sophia Mirza tried to get them arrested ...07:44 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- PTI’s Shahbaz Gill moves court against sedition case07:15 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Abdul Latif Sheikh becomes first Pakistani doctor to win prestigious ...06:18 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Zehra Baloch drops new video on Instagram05:00 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza’s new video on Independence Day goes viral03:20 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022