Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue to apply, clarifies IMF
Global lender reacts as Sharif led govt slashes petrol price against jacking up levy as agreed
ISLAMABAD – The International Monetary Fund IMF resident clarified that policy commitments made by the Pakistani government, to resume the support program, continue to apply.
IMF representative in Islamabad Esther Pérez Ruiz told a news agency that the policy commitments made by Islamabad, as part of the Seventh and Eighth review under their IMF-support program, continue to apply.
The Resident Representative to Pakistan IMF said policy discussions will commence in the coming weeks once the damage assessment report after massive floods becomes available.
The US-based lender official responded to the reduction in recent fuel prices which opposed the policy of raising prices monthly through added levies to ensure enhanced revenues as initially agreed with the IMF.
The newly appointed finance chief announced to provide major relief to the inflation-stricken Pakistanis and the petrol price was slashed to Rs224.80 per liter from Rs237.43 after a reduction of Rs12.
However, under the deal with the global lender, the cash-strapped country was supposed to hike the petroleum levy.
Pakistan’s new finance chief urges IMF to ease ... 10:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Newly appointed Finance and Revenue Minister Ishaq Dar held a virtual meeting with the International ...
As per the letter of intent sent by the South Asian country to the International Monetary Fund, there will be a gradual increase in the Petroleum development levy (PDL) which will be raised by Rs50 till January 2023.
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Watch: Uninvited MBA student forced to do the dishes at Indian ...06:57 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan drops hint about her upcoming project04:35 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022