1.6 million pilgrims arrive in Saudi Arabia for Hajj 2019
Statistics show that around 1.5 million pilgrims arrived on flights, accounting for around 93 percent of the total number of pilgrims while 88,346 pilgrims arrived by land, accounting for six percent, and 16,916 arrived by sea, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
In Makkah and other holy sites, the Saline Water Conversion Corporation, SWCC, aims to achieve a new record in 2019, by supplying one million cubic metres of potable water per day during the Hajj season, an increase of 10 percent compared to 2018.
In Mina, an area of eight-square kilometres, or 57.6 percent of the local area, has been allocated to some 45,000 tents, to provide accommodation for 1.5 million pilgrims. The area can host 118,000 people per hour and accommodate 70,000 worshipers.
Some 141,800 pilgrims who arrived on 355 flights also benefited from the Makkah Route initiative - a service launched by the Kingdom that includes issuing visas, ensuring compliance with health requirements, and codifying and sorting luggage at airports in the pilgrims' own countries.
- US wants better relations with Pakistan: Dilawar Syed08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan Railways cuts train fares by 30pc on Eidul-Adha06:32 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022