Kate Middleton sends thank you note to Pakistani designer Maheen Khan
LAHORE- Kate Middleton's outfits, during her Pakistan tour, were the talk of the town, or the world, to be exact. Staying true to her style, Kate stunned onlookers each time she came out in public.
View this post on Instagram
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the Badshahi Mosque, the most iconic Islamic site in Lahore, set in the heart of the Walled City. The Duke and Duchess toured the mosque and courtyard, before joining a discussion with faith leaders to learn how they are promoting interfaith harmony within their communities. The couple’s visit to Badshahi sees them follow in the footsteps of The Duke’s father, The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse, who visited the Mosque with The Duchess of Cornwall during a tour of Pakistan in 2006, and his grandmother Her Majesty The Queen @TheRoyalFamily, who visited in 1961. 📷 PA / Kensington Palace #RoyalVisitPakistan #pakistan
Middleton donned outfits by several local brands and designersduring her tour but Maheen Khan was clearly the winning choice.
Pakistani designer Maheen Khan revealed that sales of her collection have boosted since the Duchess was pictured in her outfits during the royals highly-anticipated trip to Pakistan in October.
“It is fabulous. I get orders everyday online,” Maheen told BBC, while she was in the UK for Pakistan Fashion Week.
Maheen said customers ask her to make the exact outfits as Kate Middleton’s. The duchess also sent Maheen a thank you letter for dressing her during the couple’s trip to Pakistan.
“Thank you so much for all your help ahead of my tour to Pakistan. I am so grateful to you and your team for designing such a wonderful selection to choose from – although having so many beautiful things did make decision making a little more difficult,” Kate wrote in the letter.
“I really enjoyed wearing both of your outfits and the trousers were a great fit too. So thank you for all your time and effort you put into everything.” The Duchess continued, “We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, everyone was so welcoming and it was lovely to have the chance to meet you in person at the spectacular Pakistan Monument. I am sorry it was so short. Thank you once again, this comes with my warmest thanks and best wishes.”
The Royals also sent a heartfelt letter to Elan’s creative director, Khadijah Shah.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019