PTI govt set to earn nearly Rs 7 billion by auctioning 27 state-owned assets
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has approved the auction of 27 state-owned land assets with an estimate to earn nearly Rs 7 billion for the national kitty.
Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Hafeez Shaikh approved the proposal while chairing a meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatisation. The decision has been taken in line with a condition imposed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) about the non-tax revenue.
The committee allowed open auction bidding for 27 unproductive entities held by federal government. The bidding process is likely to be completed by April 2020.
In January, Privatisation Minister Muhammad Soomro had revealed the plan of auctioning 27 state-owned unproductive land assents in the current quarter.
He also vowed to complete the process with transparency and efficiency.
He said that rules of Public Procurement Regulatory Authority and past court judgments will be fully observed while carrying out the privatization of the entities, Radio Pakistan reported.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020