Torkham border closed for five hours after alert message from intelligence agencies
The officials of the political administration told local journalists that Torkham border was sealed for all sorts of traffic after they had received information that some suspected persons were present in the area and had entered via Torkham border illegally, according to Pakistan Observer.
The FC troops launched a massive search operation in the bordering areas including Bacha Mena, Kabalo Mena and other localities of tehsil Landi Kotal. At 11:00 am, the areas were cleared and cross-border movement was restored for both traffic and pedestrians. According to the officials, no one was detained in the search process, the Nation reported.
Officials said that no arrests were made during the five-hour combing operation.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021