Afghan governor survives suicide attack; 8 dead, 30 inujured
KABUL – The governor of Afghanistan's eastern province of Laghman, Rahmatullah Yarmal, was slightly injured in the blast targeting his convoy, spokesman Assadullah Dawlatzai said on Monday.
According to Afghanistan's 1TV news broadcaster, the blast resulted in eight fatalities and 30 injuries.
Tareq Arian, spokesman for the Interior Ministry, said that four civilians and four of Yarmal’s bodyguards were killed. The wounded included 28 civilians and two other guards.
No radical group operating in the country has taken responsibility for the attack so far.
Both the militant groups, Daesh and the Taliban, are active in the area have carried out attacks in the past against Afghan government representatives, national security and defence personnel, and civilians.
- Tax evasion: PM authorised FBR to look into citizen’s expenditure01:28 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to launch its own version of Netflix12:15 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- FATF meeting announces its verdict in Pakistan's case today12:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Jared Leto to return as ‘The Joker’ in ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice ...11:00 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Irfan Junejo pens a heartfelt birthday note for wife03:09 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Cops arrested after 18-year-old dies in police custody11:11 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Sugar mills association along with JDW group manipulate ...09:39 AM | 23 Oct, 2020