Pakistan set to launch special air security unit in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – A special air security unit having 12 drones is set to be launch in the country’s federal capital to provide a faultless security system to the citizens, Interior Minister said Monday.
Speaking in a presser, Rasheed said the central government is set to launch a special security plan for the federal capital to ensure maximum protection. Around 1,000 more security personnel will be inducted into the federal police.
Without sharing in-depth details about the initiative, the Minister said two locators are also being purchased. The ninth-largest city of Pakistan had not had a locater since the last few years and they have to borrow it to track down the culprits, he added.
Briefing on a number of topics, he said the government is set to start a crackdown on those involved in issuing fake vaccination certificates or other illegal documents as there was a zero-tolerance policy against these.
Islamabad named second safest city in Southern ... 03:44 PM | 2 Sep, 2021
LAHORE – Despite some miserable incidents in a couple of months, the country’s federal capital Islamabad ...
Rasheed also shared development about the passport service saying the ministry had fixed a fee of Rs10,000 for one-day emergency service.
Issuance of fake national identity cards is another thing that needs joint action, he said while adding that 136 officials involved in this matter had already been suspended, while 90 inquiries and around 300 charge sheets were being issued.
- Transparency Int'l survey suggests more than 90pc of Pakistanis ...01:47 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian army helicopter carrying defence chief Bipin Rawat, staff ...01:18 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- US Consulate General in Lahore expresses satisfaction over election ...01:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ECP warns PM Imran not to visit Peshawar ahead of local body polls12:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Railways minister suspends driver, assistant for halting train to buy ...11:42 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ‘Dream come true’ – Aima Baig becomes Spotify Pakistan’s most ...09:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021