US offers mediation to resolve China-India border dispute
WASHINGTON – United States (US) President Donald Trump has offered mediation to resolve border dispute between China and India.
Talking to reporters in Washington, the US President has said that Washington is ready to help resolve the dispute between India and China over the mountain border running through the western Himalayas.
He said the situation is “very nasty, and the two countries are going at it much more strongly than a lot of people even understand.
He said Washington is talking with both countries about what it could do to help defuse the situation.
Border conflicts are a permanent fixture of India-China relations, as the countries do not have a marked border but rather the Line of Actual Control (LAC), created after the 1962 war between the nations. However, the tensions became more strained as a result of skirmishes between the countries' border forces starting in May.
- PM Imran to virtually address UNGA session on Friday09:29 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020