Pakistan criticises double standards at UN
NEW YORK(Staff Report) - At the United Nations, Pakistan has assailed the double standards practiced by some states, which preach nuclear disarmament but fail to take necessary steps themselves.
Speaking in a session of the UN Disarmament Commission, Pakistan's permanent Representative of the UN, Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi said a handful of nuclear weapon states are unwilling to give up their large inventories of nuclear weapons or their modernization.
She said this gap between legality and reality has eroded the global faith in the mutually reinforcing nature of these processes.
Maleeha Lodhi said progress towards nuclear disarmament is being delayed and hindered by some who wish to divert the Conference on Disarmament's focus to partial non-proliferation measures.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020