PM Imran lauds India's independent foreign policy
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan hailed India for its "independent" foreign policy that only aimed at the betterment of its people.
The premier, who used to hit out at the BJP-led government in New Delhi for its grave human rights violations in the occupied Jammu and Kashmir, lauded the neighbouring country while addressing a public gathering in Khyber Paktunkhwa’s Malakand on Sunday.
The remarks also comes days after he lambasted European Union ambassadors for writing a letter over the Russia-Ukraine war and urging Islamabad to vote against Kremlin at the UN General Assembly session.
It is pertinent to mention that Pakistan abstained from voting on a resolution against Russia during UNGA session.
Addressing the rally, PM Khan lauded India for always keeping an independent foreign policy.
“Today, India is part of a Quad and yet it calls itself neutral,” he said, adding that it is also importing oil from Russia despite sanctions imposed by the West on Moscow.
India is keeping the independent foreign policy only for the betterment of its people, Khan said.
He hit out at the PML-N and PPP for allowing the US to carry out drone attacks inside Pakistan during their rules.
The premier also talked about the disgruntled party lawmakers amid no-confidence motion submitted by the Opposition against him in the National Assembly.
He urged dissent lawmakers to come back to the party's fold, saying he was ready to forgive them.
The premier said stepping down from the government will be a better option instead of being in power by looting public money and selling the conscience amid 'horse-trading'.
NA session on no-confidence motion called on ... 02:54 PM | 20 Mar, 2022
ISLAMABAD – National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser has summoned the awaited assembly session on March 25 to take ...
- Pakistan slams India over mischievous campaign to masquerade as ...07:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saudi Arabia extends Umrah visa to three months07:38 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan team departs for T20I tri-series in New Zealand07:17 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- HBL inaugurates Prestige Lounge in Rahim Yar Khan06:51 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Over 5 million Pakistan flood victims to face food crisis, warns UN06:29 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah shares belly dance video12:09 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf pays tribute to iconic singer Nazia Hassan04:32 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Mahira Khan's new video with makeup artist goes viral03:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022