Yasir Shah becomes fastest to 200 Test wickets, breaks 82-year record
Breaking Australian leg-spinner Clarrie Grimmett's world record of 200 wickets in 36 Tests achieved in 1936, the Pakistani leg-spinner achieved the milestone during the ongoing third and final Test against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi.
Yasir, currently playing his 33rd Test, now leads the list after usurping Australia’s Clarrie Grimmet, who reached the 200-wicket mark in 36 matches.
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is third on the list with 37 Test matches whereas Australian great Dennis Lillee and Pakistan legend Waqar Younis share fourth place having taken 200 Test wickets in 38 Test matches each.
The 32-year-old has had a superb series against New Zealand, claiming 27 wickets in the tournament — his best-ever tally in any three-match series.
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020