Karachi, the 6th most dangerous city in the world previously, has jumped to 50th place
In 2014 - around a year after Pakistan Muslim League- Nawaz (PML-N) held the reins of federal government - Karachi, the economic capital of Pakistan, was declared sixth most dangerous city with 81.34 crime index by the same surveyor firm.
Gradually, it started improving as in 2015 the Karachi became 10th most dangerous city and it was stood at 26th position in 2016 ranking. The economic hub keeping the pace maintain managed to get 47th position in 2017 and now in 2018, Karachi is at 50th out of total 327 cities of the world.
In 2017, Lahore and Islamabad were the 119th and 224th dangerous cities respectively, but by improving their position they are stood at 138th and 226th positions respectively in 2018 Numbeo International Crime Index.
With the lowest crime index of just 13.63, and a safety index of 86.37, Abu Dhabi of United Arab Emirates came as number one on Numbeo, followed by Doha in Qatar and Basel in Switzerland.
The cities with the highest crime rates and lowest safety index went to San Pedro Sula, Honduras, Caracas, Venezuela and Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Neigoubering country, India's Delhi is at 60th position with 59.34 crime index and 40.66 safety index, while Mumbai came at 160th with 44.52 crime index and 55.48 safety index.
Established in 2009, Numbeo is a collaborative online database which enables users to share and compare information about the cost of living between countries and cities.
The index, which ranked 327 cities of the world, is an estimation of overall level of crime in a given city or a country.
Crime levels lower than 20 are considered as "very low," crime levels between 20 and 40 as being "low," crime levels between 40 and 60 as being "moderate," crime levels between 60 and 80 as being "high" and crime levels higher than 80 as being "very high."
- 2 sentenced to death, 4 awarded life-imprisonment in Baldia Town ...03:58 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan approves establishment of three border markets02:59 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan starts phase-3 trials of Chinese vaccine against Covid-1902:44 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in Afghan cross-border fire02:22 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Hrithik Roshan follows Mahira Khan on Instagram12:19 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sanam Saeed wants an update on motorway rape case11:56 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020