Pakistan beat South Africa by 27 runs in final T20
CENTURION – Pakistan defeated South Africa by 27 runs in the third and final T20I at the SuperSport Park in Centurion on Wednesday.
Pakistan set a reasonable target of 169-run for the Proteas after they were invited to bat first. In reply, the hosts fell 27-run short to 141 for 9.
Team Pakistan ended their tour of South Africa on a high by avoiding a series clean sweep as they defeated Proteas in the third T20I.
Shadab Khan hit three sixes in the final over from Andile Phehlukwayo to finish with 22 not out off eight balls. The last over cost 21 runs. He was declared man of the match.
Babar Azam again gave Pakistan a good start, striking 23 off 11 balls before he was caught at cover off Chris Morris in the third over. Morris finished with two for 27.
Pakistan win the third #SAvPAK T20I by 27 runs.February 6, 2019
The Proteas have had an unassailable 2-0 lead in the T20 series after they clinched the series with a seven-run win in Johannesburg, after a dramatic collapse by the visitors saw them lose 6 wickets for 34 in 24 balls.
Team Pakistan have made two changes, with Usman Shinwari and Hasan Ali sitting out for Mohammad Amir and Faheem Ashraf.
Tonight's match will draw curtains on Pakistan's lengthy tour. Pakistan lost the Test series, the ODI series, as well as their unbeaten T20I series record since 2016.
The match between South Africa and Pakistan started at 9pm Pakistan Standard Time.
Pakistan: Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Hussain Talat, Asif Ali, Shoaib Malik (capt), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Shah Afridi
South Africa: Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller (capt), Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Junior Dala, Lutho Sipamla, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020