Saudi Arabia announces new SOPs for Hajj 2020
RIYADH – Saudi Arabia has announced new health protocols for Hajj 2020 pilgrims in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A statement issued by the Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) says pilgrims without permits will not be allowed entrance to holy sites, Mina, Muzdalifah and Arfat, starting from Sunday 28 of Dhu al-Qi'dah 1441 AH corresponding to July 19, 2020 AD until the end of Sunday 12 of Dhu al-Hijjah 1441 AH corresponding to August 2 2020
The kingdom also imposed ban on touching or kissing the honorable Kaaba or the Black Stone.
Besides stressing social distancing, “The controls allow prayers in congregation with an emphasis on wearing a cloth mask during the congregational prayer, and keeping the distance between the worshipers, ”said the statement.
In June, the kingdom decided to not allow Muslims from other countries to attend rituals due to coronavirus. It also decided to limit domestic pilgrims attending the Hajj to around 1,000 to prevent the spread of infection.
- Punjab SHO Imran Abbas gunned down in Rawalpindi10:55 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021