PCB constitutes tribunal to probe Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif alleged spot-fixing
The three-member tribunal will be led by Justice (R) Asghar Haider and will consist of former PCB head Tauqeer Zia and former skipper Waseem Bari.
The PCB chairman Shhereyar Khan said that the tribunal will start its proceedings next week to investigate the controversy that marred the reputation of PSL.
Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, Islamabad United players, were provisionally suspended for alleged spot-fixing after news of their meeting with a suspicious person linked to an international betting syndicate made waves across the country.
Both Sharjeel and Latif were charge-sheeted but they denied the charges. The country's cricket board investigated as many as five players but only Sharjeel and Latif were sent back home.
The much awaited Pakistan Super League second edition concluded in a high-octane match on Sunday in which Peshawar Zalmi defeated Quetta Gladiators by 58 runs to lift the title.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022