Losing her voice was "the darkest moment" in Shakira's life
Colombian superstar and three-time Grammy winner Shakira revealed that temporarily losing her voice two years ago was “the darkest moment” of her life, and which affected her “deeply”.
In November 2017 the 'Hips Don't Lie' famed singer was forced to postpone her hip-shaking "El Dorado World Tour" for seven months after suffering a haemorrhage on her right vocal cord.
‘It affected me deeply, there is a before and after,’ the 42-year-old said during an interview with AFP late on Monday in Barcelona, where she lives with Spanish footballer Gerard Pique and their two young sons.
‘You take many things for granted when you have them... In the case of my voice, it is something that is so inherent in my nature, it is my identity,’ she added in the interview at a Barcelona hotel.
‘I always thought that one day I would lose many things, one day you lose your youth, you lose your beauty, you even lose friends, there are people who come and go... but I never thought my voice was something that could disappear.
‘When that doubt arose, when I did not know if I could sing again, it was the darkest moment of my life,’ she added.
As quoted by the singer herself, Shakira "Miraculously" recovered her voice naturally, without needing any surgery as recommended by doctors and was finally able to continue her tour in 2018.
“It is one of the most important tours of my life for what it means, for the different obstacles that I had to overcome,“ Shakira said.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Pakistan FM to attend emergency OIC session on Palestine11:13 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021