Rihanna slammed for using Islamic Hadith in a song for her Savage X Fenty Show
Rihanna is facing immense backlash for using an Islamic hadith in her Savage x Fenty fashion show.
The show, debuted on Amazon Prime on October 2 and featured performances by stars such as Rosalia and Miguel alongside Lizzo, Demi Moore, Cara Delevigne, Bella Hadid and Willow Smith.
While Rihanna has been lauded for bringing in diversity and inclusivity in her show, at the same time, she has received a lot criticism for hurting people’s sentiments by using a song that has sacred Islamic phrases mixed into the beat.
Composed by a London-based producer Coucou Chloe, the controversial track titled “Doom” remixes audio that includes a Hadith which is about the signs of the Judgment Day and the end of times.
Muslims and non-Muslims alike have taken to social media to bash Rihanna, accusing her of disrespecting the values of Islam:
#Rihanna— Ahtisham bhatti (@ahtisham_sk) October 5, 2020
Everyone needs to see this and spread this
This is how they have used a “HADITH” in a song it was played in Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty show
And Rihanna's models dancing on our #Hadith so disrespectful @rihanna
Posting the hadith and rihanna’s video in replies below pic.twitter.com/Dm5oqypLTs
y’all don’t realize how disrespectful it was what Rihanna did. she didn’t use music thats in Arabic or anything. she used a hadith, hadith and arabic songs are two different things, and she used the words of our prophet,that are meant to guide muslims, for her lingerie show...— ęᴴ🎃(fan account) (@SHESRAREAOTD) October 4, 2020
rihanna using a whole hadith abt the day of judgement at her fashion show for models to DANCE to???? there’s no excuse wtf— 🇵🇰 (@sobiah_) October 4, 2020
I don’t know if Rihanna KNEW there was a Hadith in the song, I don’t know if she thought it was just Arabic and nothing more but that is definitely not ok, Hadiths are sacred and messing with them for entertainment purposes is forbidden. I hope she adresses that soon.— iris west-allen • ليلى 🧜🏽♀️ (@queersiren) October 4, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Tecno is going to launch Camon 16, Camon 16 SE flagship phones in ...04:12 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Mawra Hoccane congratulates Ameer Gillani on getting accepted into ...03:16 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Researcher’s one step closer to a flu vaccine that will last a ...02:51 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Yolanda Hadid shares new photo of Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik's baby ...12:08 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PCB announces squad for Zimbabwe series01:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Captain (retd) Safdar's arrest occurred under "extreme pressure", ...12:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif’s summons posted in local newspapers11:19 AM | 19 Oct, 2020