IHC CJ stresses to resolve political tussles in parliament as PTI moves court on resignations issue
ISLAMABAD – Islamabad High Court Chief Justice Athar Minallah said the court cannot direct the National Assembly speaker as he stressed resolving matter pertaining to the acceptance of PTI member's resignations in parliament.
The judge made remarks as the country’s former ruling party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, approached the court alleging that an illegal path was adopted on the issue of resignations of PTI members in the National Assembly.
He maintained that the court respects the Parliament, adding that a similar petition was also filed before as well on this matter. “This is a political issue and Parliament is the place to resolve political tussles. You should hold dialogue with political parties to resolve problems,” he said.
PTI moved court against National Assembly Speaker Raja Pervaiz Ashraf who accept only 11 of their resignations instead of those of all 123 party members of the lower house of parliament.
Imran Khan-led party reiterated that the change of their government was possible through a foreign conspiracy. “To seek a fresh mandate from people, the party decided to get all its elected members resigned en bloc from the National Assembly,” the petition cited.
It added that the speaker must accept the resignations of all lawmakers who had quit the lower house of parliament to protest the ouster of their party’s government through a conspiracy.
IHC declares Qasim Suri’s move to accept PTI ... 02:16 PM | 6 Sep, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday invalidated a decision of the National Assembly’s ...
- Curtain falls on Pakistan’s flood response centre12:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022