Pakistan to never compromise sovereignty, security: President
ISLAMABAD - President Dr Arif Alvi while reiterating nation's "firm and clear" policy resolved that Pakistan would never compromise its sovereignty and security, making it clear that any kind of misadventure by the enemy would be dealt with severely.
In his message to the countrymen on Defence Day of Pakistan, the President said "It makes me happy to state that we have achieved self-reliance in the defence field. We have thwarted external aggression; we have successfully defeated terrorism and extremism, and now we are on the path towards economic prosperity”.
He said the Day reminded the spirit and valour of Pakistan armed forces and the nation, by which they thwarted the evil designs of the enemy on the day, 55 years ago.
He said displaying exemplary courage and professionalism, Pakistan's army, navy and air force defeated the enemy on all fronts.
The president said the nation saluted the martyrs as well as their families for their fortitude as they set a great example of patriotism by sacrificing their loved ones for defence of the country.
He said besides safeguarding the frontiers, the armed forces were playing active role in internal security as well as the nation building.
The president said Pakistan had also made serious efforts with a positive approach towards securing peace in the region but unfortunately, "our enemy keeps hostile designs against us. It is covertly engaged in destabilizing Pakistan and its aggressive policies pose a threat to regional peace and stability." "Nevertheless, our policy, in this regard, is firm and clear. We shall never compromise on the sovereignty and security of the country and any kind of misadventure by the enemy will be dealt with severely," he resolved.
The president reaffirmed the pledge that Pakistan would continue to support the people of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) in their struggle till the realisation of the right to self-determination of the Kashmiri people in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
He paid homage to the nation's great heroes who sacrificed their lives for the motherland.
- BISE Faisalabad board to announce Matric 2020 result today (view ...02:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Multan to announce Matric 2020 result today (check result)02:34 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Sargodha Matric Annual 2020 result today (check result here)02:20 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston reunite for a virtual reading of Fast ...11:59 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020