Asma Rani murder case transferred to Peshawar ATC
The directives were issued by acting Chief Justice of the Peshawar High Court Waqar Ahmad Seth who also instructed to transfer the bail petitions of the suspected killers, to the same court on a petition filed by Asma’s brother, Mohammad Irfan.
In his petition, Irfan claimed that the suspected killers belonged to an influential family of Kohat and therefore, it was impossible for him and his family to pursue the case there.
Earlier, last month, the high court had ordered the transfer of the bail petitions of suspects to the court of Peshawar’s district and sessions judge, however, due to inclusion of the provisions of the Anti-Terrorism Act in the FIR, the petitions weren’t addressed by the sessions court following which Irfan pleaded the high court for the transfer of the case to the ATC.
Asma Rani murder case: Prime suspect Mujahidullah ... 10:17 PM | 8 Mar, 2018
LAHORE - The prime accused in Asma Rani murder case, Mujahidullah Afridi, arrested through Interpol in Dubai, local ...
Asma Rani, a student of third year at the International Medical College, Abbottabad was gunned down on Jan 27 after she turned down the marriage proposal of Muajhidullah, the prime suspect in the case.
The accused fled to the UAE but was arrested after the Interpol issued his red notices on the request of Pakistani government following which he was shifted to Pakistan last month.
Asma had named Mujahidullah as her killer in dying declaration, a video of which stumped the internet and sparked outrage among activists.
Ghulam Mohiuddin Malik, the lawyer for the petitioner, said the affluent suspects had links with Aftab Alam, the district president of the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf.
Kohat police arrest accomplice in medical student ... 12:02 PM | 30 Jan, 2018
KOHAT - Police on Tuesday arrested an accomplice of the main suspect in the killing case of Asma Rani, who was a ...
The lawyer said several relatives of the suspects were practising lawyers and the petitioner tried to engage a counsel in Kohat but no one agreed.
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021