Sonya Hussyn in hot waters for her uneducated statement about autism
Actor Sonya Hussyn is being criticized for not having done enough research on mental illnesses.
Hussyn is playing the role of a schizophrenic girl in her upcoming drama serial, Saraab. While promoting the project, Sonya shared a poster highlighting various mental illnesses and a netizen argued autism should not be considered as one.
A user, a mother to two autistic children said that, "Autism is not a mental illness, it is a disorder," to which Sonya replied, "It is one of the symptoms in schizophrenia. Her comment led to a barrage of replies from other followers, calling her out for her statement.
Many Twitter users are bashing the Ishq Zahe Naseeb actor for being clueless about what she has to say. Here's what they Tweeted
Autism is a symptom of schizophrenia....hmmm Yeh kab howa— A. (@BahutAalaa) August 6, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021