Sonya Hussyn in hot waters for her uneducated statement about autism
Actor Sonya Hussyn is being criticized for not having done enough research on mental illnesses.
Hussyn is playing the role of a schizophrenic girl in her upcoming drama serial, Saraab. While promoting the project, Sonya shared a poster highlighting various mental illnesses and a netizen argued autism should not be considered as one.
View this post on Instagram
#depression , #anxiety , #stress Depression can be thought of as an umbrella term for a variety of disorders, some of which are caused by certain life events or situations, and others by chemical changes in the brain. while some of the symptoms associated with the various depressive disorders overlap, there are also some key differences. . Gaining a deeper understanding of the different types of depression can help to begin the journey to diagnosis and recovery. Taking some time to consider the #root of where your depression comes from. Remember, it is vital that you #seekhelp from a doctor to get an accurate depression diagnosis and receive the treatment and support you need. 🧠 🙌🏻💫 #mentalhealthawareness #letsjoinhands
A user, a mother to two autistic children said that, "Autism is not a mental illness, it is a disorder," to which Sonya replied, "It is one of the symptoms in schizophrenia. Her comment led to a barrage of replies from other followers, calling her out for her statement.
Many Twitter users are bashing the Ishq Zahe Naseeb actor for being clueless about what she has to say. Here's what they Tweeted
Autism is a symptom of schizophrenia....hmmm Yeh kab howa— A. (@BahutAalaa) August 6, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- How to check 10th Class Result 2020 Online via SMS on Mobile03:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Faisalabad board to announce Matric 2020 result today (view ...02:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- BISE Multan to announce Matric 2020 result today (check result)02:34 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston reunite for a virtual reading of Fast ...11:59 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020