Biden wants immediate solution to Kashmir issue: US state dept
WASHINGTON – United States President Joe Biden wants an immediate solution to the Kashmir issue, a US State Department official has said.
In an interview with a private TV channel, Zed Tarar said that the POTUS has made it clear that human rights are a fundamental issue for the United States.
The US understands that Kashmir is a human rights issue, Tarar said, adding "Pakistan and India should work out for the reduction of tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) and start positive dialogue on the Kashmir issue.”
Describing both India and Pakistan as partners of the US, Tarar said that the two countries must agree to formulate a strategy to ease tensions against one another through dialogue.
Zed Tarar is a Deputy Director of the London Media Hub where he handles media engagement through South Asia. He also appears regularly on South Asian media as the Hub’s Urdu and Hindi-language spokesperson.
New York State Assembly passes resolution to ... 11:15 AM | 6 Feb, 2021
NEW YORK – Another humiliation for India as New York State Legislative Assembly passed the resolution to observe ...
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021