#K2WinterExpedition – Search operations fail to locate Ali Sadpara, other mountaineers
SKARDU – Search operations launched by Pakistan Army fail to find Muhammad Ali Sadpara, John Snorri, and MP Mohr on Saturday.
Three of the missing mountaineers have not contacted since Friday. Two of the Pakistan Army choppers started a search and rescue mission to find the missing climbers who at the time had not been contacted for over 30 hours. Another search operation is underway today.
According to SST team leader Chhang Dawa Sherpa said the helicopter made a search flight almost up to 7000 meters and returned back to Skardu, the search operation can't trace anything, he added.
Sherpa further added that the condition in the ‘savage mountain’ and even at the base camp is getting poor.
• Army's Helicopter made a search flight almost up to 7000m and returned back to Skardu, unfortunately, they can not trace anything.#k2expedition #k2winter #k2winter2021 #karakorum #sherpa #nepal #pakistan #mountaineering #expeditionk2 #alpinism #wintersummitk2 pic.twitter.com/coemzonVnU— Chhang Dawa Sherpa (@ChhangDawa) February 6, 2021
Earlier on Saturday, PM’s close aide and Special Assistant on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfiqar Bukhari wrote Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa were concerned and personally following all developments regarding our missing mountaineers.
Ali Sadpara and his son become first Pakistanis ... 10:04 PM | 5 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Famous mountaineer Mohammed Ali Sadpara, along with his son Sajid Sadpara and Iceland mountaineer ...
Prayers needed from everyone for their safe return," he said on Twitter.
PM @ImranKhanPTI & COAS Gen Qamar Bajwa are concerned and personally following all developments regarding our missing mountaineers. High alt porters & Lama helis will restart search at the crack of dawn.
Prayers needed from everyone for their safe return!#k2winterexpedition2021— Sayed Z Bukhari (@sayedzbukhari) February 6, 2021
President Dr. Arif Alvi also took to Twitter and expressed concern over the missing mountaineers. Alvi hoped they were alive and fine. These are very brave mountaineers. We pray for their safety, he added.
I hope Ali Sadpara and his co-climbers are alive and fine. These are very brave mountaineers. We pray for their safety. Good information in your thread. https://t.co/1dsXM3T6HH— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) February 6, 2021
Earlier on Friday, a Bulgarian mountaineer died after fell off his safety rope during an expedition on K2 in Pakistan. Seven Summit Treks — a trekking company leading the expedition — said Atanas Skatov fell when he was trying to descend to basecamp 3 of the world’s second-highest peak.
Bulgarian climber dies during K2 expedition in ... 09:20 PM | 5 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A Bulgarian mountaineer died after fell off his safety rope during an expedition on K2 in Pakistan, ...
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021