Pakistan announces 'largest ever' seizure of heroin at Torkham border
PESHAWAR – Pakistan Customs has made the single biggest drug seizure of its history at the Torkham border.
Officials intercepted a truck carrying 130 kilogrammes worth Rs1.5 billion in the international market when it entered into Pakistan from Afghanistan.
Chief Collector Customs Peshawar Ahmad Raza Khan told media that the recovery was made during an operation at Torkham’s import terminal, adding that narcotics were concealed in the hidden compartment of the truck. The driver, identified as Sharif Khan, has been arrested by customs officials.
The chief collector customs said the department had received intelligence reports that an international drug mafia network would attempt to smuggle the heroin into Pakistan in an imported container.
After receiving the information, a special team was formed to foil the smuggling bid, he said, adding that drugs worth over Rs3 billion have been seized at the Torkham border in the last 16 days.
Passenger caught with 3.5kg heroin at Islamabad ... 08:43 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Airport Security Force (ASF) Monday foiled a major bid to smuggle heroin worth millions of rupees ...
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Russia using new generation of lasers in Ukraine to burn up drones11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022