No changing in PSL's Karachi matches schedule: minister
KARACHI - Pakistan Super League's (PSL) Karachi matches to be held as per the schedule and there are no changes taking place owing to Coronavirus fears in Pakistan, Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah on Tuesday.
"The virus is not as deadly as being portrayed. It is not as if someone who contracts cannot recover fully," said the information minister.
The first patient identified here was discharged and his family members were screened and do not have symptoms, he added.
When asked whether spectators should come to watch the PSL matches, he said they are welcome to do so and can come without any fear.
"We will provide sanitisers and there are arrangements for screening as well," he said.
Shah, along with PCB officials and health department officials had conducted a review of the arrangements at the National Stadium, prior to the media briefing.
Matches at the stadium are due to take place from March 12-17.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020