How to beat heat this burning hot Ramazan? Easy tips from experts
LAHORE (APP) - Physicians and health experts have asked people to increase their water intake to avoid heat stroke and maintain required level of minerals in the body especially during Ramazan.
Due to a hot summer season and humid weather, the chances of dehydration are likely to increase especially in people who have been fasting for 15 continuous hours.
Doctors advised the general public to take at least 8 to 10 glasses of water or liquids in the form of juices, beverages, etc. with intervals from Iftar to Sahar for proper functioning of body organs, said Dr. Rohi Khalil, a senior physician at polyclinic hospital.
She said, "A common practice followed by most of the people is that they take lot of water and drinks at iftar time to quench their thirst but it is not a healthy practice and not beneficial for the body."
Dr. Rohi said that to keep the body healthy, "it is imperative that some solid diet should be taken first and then take water gradually as taking water with empty stomach is not good for intestines."
She said that the level of salt and sugar in the body fell in Ramazan for which `Lemonade' was the best drink since it not only helped in quenching thirst but also in keeping the level of minerals in the body at a suitable level.
"At least eight glasses should be taken daily and maximum as much as anyone can take because there is no harm of excessive water intake on human body rather it washes kidneys," she said.
Senior Physician Dr. Sharif Astori said, "The quantity of fluid required by the body for performing its functions properly should not be fall below a certain level and for this it is imperative to increase water intake."
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019