The woman who became rich from stealing a chicken
Liu, from eastern China's Shandong province, has twin daughters suffering kidney problems, which have added a severe financial burden on the family. Liu was visiting supermarket to grab some corn and soy beans but she could not resist stealing the chicken drumstick for her ailing daughter.
“I came to the supermarket and just planned to get some corn and soy beans but when I saw the chicken leg and the San Zi Jing [the Three Character Classic, a Chinese text for children], I took them. I had only five yuan and the chicken leg alone costs seven yuan,” said Liu with a choked voice.
As the sob story went viral, many residents offered help to Liu and she amassed more than 300,000 yuan within only two hours while refusing further aid.
Liu was released without charge as the value of the stolen items was less than 100 yuan, which meant that the act was not deemed criminal under Chinese laws.
- CII disapproves of chemical castration of rapists11:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021