'Badshah of Bollywood' SRK's cousin to take part in elections from Peshawar
Khan's cousin residing in Peshawar, Noor Jehan will be contesting elections this year. Noor Jehan will be contesting elections from PK-77.
While talking to the media person she stated that “My aim is to work for women empowerment,” Jehan said. “I would like to focus on the problems in my constituency.”
Jehan and her family reside in the area of Shah Wali Qataal, adjacent to the Qissa Khwani Bazar. Jehan had served in politics in the past and her brother stated that“We have a political legacy attached to the family,” he said, adding that his sister previously served as a counselor.
In 2013 Jehan was also on the list of Awami National Party’s (ANP) reserved seat for women, but since she attained the third position. Jehan is hopeful to get the elected position this year and serve as a politician in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) assembly.
Noor is a cousin of King Khan from his father side and she has visited Khan twice at Mumbai. The cousins have maintained a close relation living across the border.
- Saudi man linked to Jamal Khashoggi's murder arrested in Paris11:55 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- BBC's 100 women of 2021: Who is on the list from Pakistan this time?11:19 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Pakistan announces lifetime salary for the family ...10:45 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021