IHC summons Ch Nisar in case against blasphemous content on social media
The court also summoned Secretary Ministry of Interior, secretary of Ministry of Information Technology, director general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and chairman of the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and the Inspector General of Islamabad Police who did not appear before the court despite being served notice.
Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui who heard the application, remarked that the matter in hand was most important.
According to AbbTakk News, he remarked: 'The court declares all those indulged in this act as terrorists. There is no bigger act of terrorism than this. The court will not go into technicalities and if needed the whole social media will be closed down'.
Justice Shoukat Siddiqui remarked that all pages with blasphemous contents should be blocked and if these could not be blocked than it was better to shut down the PTA.
He expressed that the issue was of such a sensitive nature that it could not be left to bureaucracy. The court ordered Interior Minister Ch Nisar Ali Khan to appear before the court in person and inform it about the measures taken so far by the government to block blasphemous pages.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022