‘No hugs and kisses this eid,’ Firdous Ashiq Awan to public amid Covid surge (VIDEO)
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister's Special Assistant Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan on Friday urged the public to strict Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) issued by the government to control the spread of Covid-19 during Eid holidays.
Talking to media in Rawalpindi, Awan said that no traditional eid gatherings will be held this year, adding,: “There will also be no Jhappian [Hugs] and Pappian [kisses] this eid”.
Asking people to act like civilized citizens in the implementation of COVID SOPs as it is a matter of lives, she said smart lockdown is the only option to control the pandemic.
Talking about inflation, he said that the provincial government is making efforts to curb the inflation, adding that actions are being taken against hoarders and Mafias.
Pakistan registers 140 coronavirus deaths 08:58 AM | 7 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 140 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021