‘No hugs and kisses this eid,’ Firdous Ashiq Awan to public amid Covid surge (VIDEO)
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister's Special Assistant Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan on Friday urged the public to strict Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) issued by the government to control the spread of Covid-19 during Eid holidays.
Talking to media in Rawalpindi, Awan said that no traditional eid gatherings will be held this year, adding,: “There will also be no Jhappian [Hugs] and Pappian [kisses] this eid”.
Asking people to act like civilized citizens in the implementation of COVID SOPs as it is a matter of lives, she said smart lockdown is the only option to control the pandemic.
Talking about inflation, he said that the provincial government is making efforts to curb the inflation, adding that actions are being taken against hoarders and Mafias.
Pakistan registers 140 coronavirus deaths 08:58 AM | 7 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 140 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- Mansha Pasha and Ali Gul Pir recreate Rihanna and ASAP Rocky's Met ...05:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Is poverty an unsolvable problem in Pakistan?04:38 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows full-capacity attendance at Grand Mosque03:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- ISI chief to be appointed before next Friday as matter settled ...03:25 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar faces severe backlash for wearing bold dress01:35 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021