#PunjabEase attracts over 30,000 visitors in one week at Expo 2020 Dubai
The campaign runs throughout the month offering everything from culture to trade
DUBAI - The first week of November kicked off the #PunjabEase campaign for the Pakistan Pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai, as the province goes global to attract investors and international business collaborators.
The inaugural week of Punjab’s show has already attracted a high number of visitors, with the pavilion seeing more than 35,000 visitors in the first 5 days alone. Visitors and potential investors had the opportunity to attend seminars, panel talks, and project displays by 18 different departments and industries of Punjab. For the month of November, various departments of the Punjab Government are hosting a range of seminars and showcasing presentations, documentaries, and exciting augmented reality immersion which will allow visitors to experience the colours of Punjab.
The first week has focused on housing, construction, and urban development as Ravi Urban Development Authority (RUDA) and the Central Business District Development Authority (CBDDA) presented projects and investment opportunities for urban development, construction and the housing sector. The two departments presented a series of seminars on cross-disciplinary approaches to development, with seminars focused on eco-cities and tech-cities. Bank of Punjab also hosted a seminar at the Pakistan Pavilion focusing on their Roshan Digital Account and Ease of Access for expats.
Special seminars were also conducted to highlight the Punjab Government’s efforts to increase the ease of business to connect the region to global markets and potential investors.
The #PunjabEase Going Global theme also incorporated the colours and sounds of Punjab to allow visitors to indulge in the rich culture of ‘the land of five rivers. The central courtyard of the pavilion hosted cultural performances from Punjab, including Dhol performances, traditional bhangra dance, traditional Punjabi songs, and Punjabi thappa performances.
The heightened attention attracted by the country’s show at the Expo was only exacerbated as Pakistani celebrities, actors and influencers visited the pavilion.
Actor and Musician Ahmed Ali Butt visited the Pakistan Pavilion along with actress Parisheh James, fashion industry veteran Frieha Altaf, and one of Pakistan’s leading fashion designers Sania Maskatiya.
The pavilion also saw new-age social media influencers such as travel & lifestyle blogger Umair Mirza [better known by his Instagram handle Umairica] along with celebrity photographer Faisal Farooqui.
The event comes in the midst of a wave of hype for Pakistan's show at the mega international Expo, where the unique contemporary design of the pavilion already attracted a growing wave of interest and attention towards the Pakistan Pavilion.
The Pakistan Pavilion is serving as a catalyst for connecting minds from around the world and inspiring participants to mobilise around shared challenges, during a World Expo of unprecedented global scope.
#PunjabEase led by PBIT at the Pakistan Pavilion in showcasing the history, natural beauty, multiculturalism, hospitality, contemporary entertainment, and emerging modernity of the province via a series of seminars, concerts, art installations, and performances.
For the remainder of the week, the focus on the urban development and construction sector will continue with alluring cultural performances to pave the way for the tourism and culture department’s seminars and projects for the second week of the month.
- Pakistan to face arch-rival India as Hockey Asia Cup 2022 begins in ...09:08 AM | 23 May, 2022
- PM Shebaz takes notices of bush fires in Margalla Hills08:46 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:23 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 23 May 202208:09 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022