Pakistani artist takes unique Truck Art to Washington streets
He breathed life into the land cruiser by painting it the beautifully colorful and vibrant phool patti art that his team is famous for, the Shugal.com reported.
Haider Ali and his family have been in the business for more than 60 years.
He claims, “We [Pakistanis] have perfected this skill and it is the only art form in the subcontinent which is so unique to us.
“Sadly, it is not as appreciated and admired in our own homeland as it is admired in the global world.
“There are no art schools in the country that consider it a subject worthy enough to be included in the curriculum.”
And though people might call it “cheap” and “garish”, they would be a surprised to know that it costs about 1 million rupees to paint one truck, which is almost the same money required to buy a new truck and it takes about 4 - 5 days of immense hard work to complete it.
Isn’t it time we give it the same admiration and appreciation foreigners are giving to our beautiful truck art?
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- COVID cases dip as Pakistan sees 706 new infections, 9 deaths09:11 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 October 202108:41 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021