Pakistani artist takes unique Truck Art to Washington streets
He breathed life into the land cruiser by painting it the beautifully colorful and vibrant phool patti art that his team is famous for, the Shugal.com reported.
Haider Ali and his family have been in the business for more than 60 years.
He claims, “We [Pakistanis] have perfected this skill and it is the only art form in the subcontinent which is so unique to us.
“Sadly, it is not as appreciated and admired in our own homeland as it is admired in the global world.
“There are no art schools in the country that consider it a subject worthy enough to be included in the curriculum.”
And though people might call it “cheap” and “garish”, they would be a surprised to know that it costs about 1 million rupees to paint one truck, which is almost the same money required to buy a new truck and it takes about 4 - 5 days of immense hard work to complete it.
Isn’t it time we give it the same admiration and appreciation foreigners are giving to our beautiful truck art?
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Australia’s tour of Pakistan after 23 years in doubt following NZ ...01:04 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Karachi man arrested for raping, abducting eight-year-old neighbour ...12:16 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PIA to operate chartered flights to UK after Pakistan taken off ...11:48 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021