Kanika Kapoor reflects back on public outrage over COVID-19 diagnosis
Singer Kanika Kapoor, who tested COVID positive in March 2020, had to face severe backlash for not practising social distancing soon enough.
Touching upon the immense backlash, she revealed that she received so much hate that she had forgotten that she was battling a deadly infection.
Since she was the first person who contracted the virus in India, she revealed "It was so heavy on me that I even forgot that I have the virus and I am sick. It was shocking for me to go through a lot of judgement and hatred for something I didn’t really do. That was really tough for me,” the Baby Doll singer shared.
The 43-year-old said she couldn’t deal with the hate. “I went off social media for some time because I couldn’t cope with it. It took me a year to get out of it mentally. I had to take counselling. It was not easy, but of course, life goes on,” she said.
After she tested positive for the virus, the playback singer was charged under Indian Penal Code Sections 269 (negligent acts likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life), 270 (malignant acts likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life), 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant).
View this post on Instagram
Kapoor’s diagnosis led to public outrage as she was spotted attending multiple crowded gatherings right after she travelled from England, rather than quarantining and practising social distancing.
'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor discharged from ... 03:20 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
LUCKNOW - Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor, who tested positive for coronavirus on March 20, has been discharged from the ...
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan, India foreign ministers may meet in UAE08:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021