Teenager ‘set on fire for resisting rape attempt’ in Punjab
JARANWALA – A 15-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by her cousin after a failed rape attempt near the Faisalabad district of Punjab on Thursday.
According to the local police, the suspect, Wasim, set his teenage cousin on fire after which the lower part of the victim’s body was badly burnt.
Rescue personnel rushed the girl to the nearest medical facility after providing her initial medical aid.
Local law enforcers have lodged a case under sections 376, 436, and 511 on the complaint of Saira Asad - the victim’s mother who is a widow. According to the complaint, the woman had gone out when the suspect found her 15-year-old daughter alone in the house and tried to sexually assault her.
Woman ‘gang-raped’ by armed men in ... 01:44 PM | 4 Apr, 2021
CHINIOT – Armed men allegedly gang-raped a woman in presence of his husband near Aminpur Road in the Bhavana area ...
The accused slapped my daughter and set her on fire over resistance and then managed to escape the spot, the complainant added.
The police Inspector Rana Asghar said the maternal cousin attempted the rape attempt and raids are being carried out to arrest the culprit.
Jemima Goldsmith hits out at PM Imran over ... 11:55 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
Jemima Goldsmith, the former wife of Prime Minister Imran Khan, lashed out at her ex-spouse over his statement where he ...
- FM Qureshi arrives in Abu Dhabi, expected to meet his UAE counterpart02:59 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman welcomes baby boy01:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021