PM Imran for reducing tax burden on Pakistan's poor
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the authorities concerned to accord special emphasis to reduce the burden of indirect taxes on the people.
Chairing a meeting of his economic team, he noted that the indirect taxes burden the poor segments of the society the most.
The Prime Minister also directed the economic team to furnish recommendations to bring down taxes on the imported edible items so that relief could be provided to the people especially the poor and middle class.
Imran Khan said protecting the interest of the common man is the foremost priority of the government. He said the poor people has been affected due to the difficult economic situation, hence, providing them every possible relief is our priority.
The meeting discussed various proposals to provide targeted subsidy to the disadvantaged segments of the society under Ehsaas program.
No penalty for late income tax return filers, ... 08:00 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
KARACHI – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has decided that late filers for income tax returns would not be ...
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021