UK parliament’s “dirty dossier”;24,000 attempts at accessing sex sites in the past six months
Between June and October 2017, following the general election last year, 24,473 attempts were made to reach said sites, adding upto 9,647 requests from both the House of commons and Lords in September alone.
There has been however a reduction in these attempts following the so called Westminster ‘Witch-hunt’ which named multitudes of members of parliament in a “dirty dossier” released by the parliamentary staff.
Theresa May’s then Secretary of State, Damien Green was sacked by May (a long time ally and supporter) after a retired police officer discovered thousands of pornographic images on his computer’s desktop in 2008.
According to a parliamentary spokesman:
“All pornographic websites are blocked by parliament’s computer network. The vast majority of attempts to access them are not deliberate. The data shows requests to access websites, not visits to them.
“There are 8,500 computers on the parliamentary network, which are used by MPs, peers, their staff and staff of both Houses. This data also covers personal devices used when logged-on to parliament’s guest wifi.”
Despite Green’s removal and anonymous staff targeting anyone involved, it seems many others are still searching for porn at the parliament.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022