Australia’s Glenn Maxwell slammed for failing to shake hand with Pakistani players (VIDEO)
HARARE - Australia’s star cricketer Glenn James Maxwell has been accused of 'disgusting' sportsmanship after reportedly refusing to shake hand with Pakistan players.
This came just after Sarfraz-led squad beat Australian side in Harare on Sunday in the final match of a triangular series after an epic show by Fakhar Zaman and Shoaib Malik, posting its highest successful run chase ever in T20I cricket .
As the Pakistan skipper and Shoaib Malik faced the losing team after the match, Maxwell avoided a contact with them to congratulate for victory.
For those who missed it. This is what happened. pic.twitter.com/nORNAMLTPR
— Taimoor Zaman (@taimoorze) July 8, 2018
Social media users were quick to slam the 29-year-old for his ‘arrogant’ behaviour.
Both AUZIs did not shake hands with Sarfaraz ! Arrogant even when they lose ;)
— HM (@moosvi1) July 8, 2018
Shame on u maxwell
— Waheed Bhatti (@waheed_bhatti) July 8, 2018
Another user wrote “And Tim Paine had other ideas abt this Aussie side,” while referring to new Australian captain who, in March this year, introduced a team handshake with opponents South Africa in a "show of respect". "We've got to be more respectful. It's time for us to change," Paine had said.
And Tim Paine had other ideas abt this Aussie side @tdpaine36
— Muhammad Faiq (@Faiq1831) July 8, 2018
Earlier this year, the Australian cricket team was hit with a ball-tampering scandal which led to bans for ex-skipper Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft.
Maxwell, who became the first batsman to hit a century in his maiden T20 innings as an opener against Sri Lanka in 2016, is targeting a return to the Australian Test side for the two matches against Pakistan which will take place in the UAE in October this year.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019