COVID-19: Punjab to impose complete lockdown in seven areas in Lahore tonight
LAHORE – In a bid to contain the spread of novel coronavirus, the Punjab government has decided to impose complete lockdown in seven localities in Lahore.
According to the media reports, the decision has been taken after significant surge in coronavirus cases in the areas that include Wapda Town, EME, A2 block in Township, Johar Town C Block and main bazaar in Chungi Amar Sadhu.
The seven areas will be sealed after 12:00am tonight.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that on July 1, Punjab government had de-sealed 61 localities in Lahore while smart lockdown was extended till July 15 across the metropolis.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021