Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife beater' allegation
Hollywood star Johnny Depp is suing a British tabloid over allegations he had physically assaulted his ex-wife, actress Amber Heard, accusing her of lying.
The legal battle has been launched against the Sun's publisher, News Group Newspapers, and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, for defamation over a story Wootton wrote in 2018 labelling the 57-year-old a "wife beater".
Proceedings of this case at London’s High Court are expected to last three weeks. Both Depp and ex-wife Heard will be providing evidence in person.
Both parties were papped arriving separately at the court yesterday with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star donning sunglasses and a black scarf around his face while Heard walked in with two women, while covering her face with a red scarf.
The former couple first met in 2011, when they starred together in 'The Rum Diary' and got hitched in February 2015.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Lahore bomb blast terror suspect arrested from Airport02:08 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Ronaldo equals world record for most goals in international men’s ...01:28 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran speaks to Bill Gates; discusses COVID crisis, polio ...01:05 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how Lifebuoy Soap is telling Pakistanis that COVID safety is ...12:47 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Indian foreign minister, delegation visited Qatar to ‘secretly’ ...12:42 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Maria Wasti makes some interesting revelations in latest interview08:40 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021