Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife beater' allegation
Hollywood star Johnny Depp is suing a British tabloid over allegations he had physically assaulted his ex-wife, actress Amber Heard, accusing her of lying.
The legal battle has been launched against the Sun's publisher, News Group Newspapers, and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, for defamation over a story Wootton wrote in 2018 labelling the 57-year-old a "wife beater".
Proceedings of this case at London’s High Court are expected to last three weeks. Both Depp and ex-wife Heard will be providing evidence in person.
Both parties were papped arriving separately at the court yesterday with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star donning sunglasses and a black scarf around his face while Heard walked in with two women, while covering her face with a red scarf.
The former couple first met in 2011, when they starred together in 'The Rum Diary' and got hitched in February 2015.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020