PM Imran launches Pakistan’s first eco-friendly electric bike
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday launched Pakistan’s first locally manufactured electric motorbike 'which can cover a distance from 60 to 100 kilometres after a full charge'.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, the premier praised the eco-friendly initiative, saying that the PTI government will introduce further steps to combat severe climate change.
Khan termed e-vehicles necessary for the South Asian country as they help to curb environmental pollution. Cities in our country are expanding at a rapid pace, due to the increase in population. He said Islamabad, Peshawar and Karachi had grown rapidly and were continuing to do so without planning.
The report of the Associated Press of Pakistan stated that the Electric bike is manufactured by a Pakistani company Jolta Electric and is considered a major step towards electrifying the country’s automobile industry. It will be available in various models including JE-70, JE-70 L, JE-70 D, JE-100 L, JE-125 L, JE-Scooty, JE-Sports Bike. Various models of Jolta E-Bikes have different speed specifications from 10 to 60 kilometres per hour and can cover a distance after full charge from 60 to 100 kilometres.
Budget 2021-22: Pakistan slashes taxes on small, ... 01:22 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The federal government on Friday slashed sales tax on locally manufactured cars from 17 percent to ...
The E-bike is environment friendly in all matters and can be charged overnight with other features such as no clutch and gear and low maintenance.
The launching of E-Bike was part of the present government’s five-year Pakistan Electric Vehicles Policy 2020-2025, approved last year and envisaged targeting a robust electric vehicle market having a 30 per cent and 90 per cent share in passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks by 2030 and 2040 respectively.
Here are the benefits of Pakistan’s first-ever ... 08:46 PM | 16 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has approved Pakistan’s first-ever Electric Vehicle ...
- ICCIA holds Best of Entrepreneurship Pakistan Session at IBA11:33 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nimra Khan boggles netizens with latest video11:01 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Angelina Jolie pens heartfelt note after visiting flood-hit areas in ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022