Budget 2021-22: Pakistan slashes taxes on small, electric cars
ISLAMABAD – The federal government on Friday slashed sales tax on locally manufactured cars from 17 percent to 12.5 percent.
This was announced by Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin during his budget speech amid ruckus by opposition inside and protests by the employees outside the lower house of Parliament.
The minister announced that the government slashed sales tax on locally manufactured cars from 17% to 12.5%. He also announced abolishing value added tax on locally manufactured vehicles. He said that the federal government also decided to waive off federal excise duty on 850cc vehicles.
The government also announced slashing sales tax on electric vehicles from 17 percent to 1 percent.
He said federal excise duty is being removed from cars up to 850cc while value-added tax (VAT) on these is being removed. "To support electric cars, the government of Pakistan wants to support manufacturing of electric cars for which a lot of tax relaxations are being given."
Budget 2021-22 will make everyone happy: PM Imran 03:58 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday said that the budget 2021-22 would make everyone happy. He ...
It has also been expected to lower taxes on brand new motorcycles and on new models of tractors. It is proposed to cut sales tax, excise duty and additional customs duty on small cars which might bring the prices of these vehicles down and boost their sales.
The automobile manufacturing companies have failed to decrease the prices of the cars despite a visible decrease in the dollar rate in the last few months. It has been a practice in Pakistan that prices of goods go up with the rise in dollar price but vice versa is not true.
Shaukat Tarin unveils Rs8 trillion Budget 2021-22 04:00 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin on Friday presented the Federal Budget 2021-22 amid ruckus by ...
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021