DG Rangers urges Karachites to continue routine activities despite MQM protest
In a statement he assured to provide full protection to the people, and urged the general public to continue routine activities without fear.
Rangers surrounded the residence of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) senior leader Dr Farooq Sattar with more than eight vehicles carrying paramilitary troops who were deployed in three streets of PIB Colony.
Sattar later condemned the raid, saying that he had tried to contact DG Rangers Sindh to express his concerns but was not successful. He alleged that the Rangers had raided his house without permission of the NA speaker.
On the other hand, Sindh Rangers said a letter was written to the Sindh Assembly speaker, informing him that the MPA Kamran Farooqi was wanted in an investigation and the raid was an attempt to arrest the MQM lawmaker.
- Transparency Int'l survey suggests more than 90pc of Pakistanis ...01:47 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian army helicopter carrying defence chief Bipin Rawat, staff ...01:18 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- US Consulate General in Lahore expresses satisfaction over election ...01:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ECP warns PM Imran not to visit Peshawar ahead of local body polls12:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Railways minister suspends driver, assistant for halting train to buy ...11:42 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ‘Dream come true’ – Aima Baig becomes Spotify Pakistan’s most ...09:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021