Do you know how to say "mother" in thirty different languages?
The day is an opportunity for everyone to extend love and express gratitude towards mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers for their contributions to family and society.
But do you know what people call their mothers in their native languages across the world?
This Mother's Day, we bring you 30 words from 30 different languages that are used to describe the most kind figure in human beings - Mother.
Arabic: أم (Omm)
Bengali: মা (Maa)
Chinese: 母亲 (Mǔqīn)
Greek: Μητέρα (Mitéra)
Gujarati: મધર (Madhara)
Hebrew: אִמָא (Em-ma)
Hindi: मां (Maan)
Japanese: 母 (Haha)
Korean: 어머니 (Eomeoni)
Nepali: आमा (Ama)
Pashto: مور (Mor)
Persian: مادر (Madar)
Punjabi: ਮਾਤਾ (Mata)
Russian: Мама (Mama)
Sindhi: ماءُ (Maoo)
Urdu: ماں (Maa)
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022