Wish I could follow President Xi and send 500 corrupt into jails, says PM Khan
BEIJING – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that one thing he learnt from China was how to tackle with the menace of corruption, wished that he could follow Chinese President Xi Jinping and could send 500 corrupt individuals in jails.
He expressed these views while addressing an event organized by China Council for Protection of International Trade in Beijing.
“I heard over 400 ministerial level people had been convicted and sent to jails during last five years,” said PM Khan, adding that “ It is President Xi’s biggest crusade against corruption,”. However, he said that it was very tough to deal with such people back at home. He pointed out that corruption was a big hurdle in the way of foreign investment in the country.
(1/2) Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan Keynote Speech at Pakistan-China Trade and Investment Opportunities in the New Era, Beijing, China (08.10.19)#Pakistan 🇵🇰 #China 🇨🇳 #CPEC pic.twitter.com/20IH9BpQuM— PTI (@PTIofficial) October 8, 2019
(2/2) Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan Keynote Speech at Pakistan-China Trade and Investment Opportunities in the New Era, Beijing, China (08.10.19)#Pakistan 🇵🇰 #China 🇨🇳 #CPEC pic.twitter.com/IYBh2KeMQB— PTI (@PTIofficial) October 8, 2019
PM Khan appreciated Chinese leadership for getting poor people out of the poverty line, saying that it was very inspiring for him to know that 700 million people were lifted out of poverty. PM Khan made it clear through his speech that they paved the way for foreign investors to and invest in Pakistan since they got into power.
“We want them come and invest in Pakistan and make profits,” said PM Khan while convincing the Chinese investors for making investment in Pakistan . He said his office was working on opportunities for people to come and invest in the country. Mentioning CPEC Project, PM Khan said that they have formed a CPEC Authority because there were certain problems in projects related to the CPEC , because these were under different ministries.
The Pakistani premier also informed the Chinese audience that they have taken various steps including completion of phase one of Gwadar Free zone.
He further said that Pakistan’s strategic location was very important reason to make investment there. Young population and economic revival were other reasons which attract foreign investment while industrial clusters have also paved an easy way for doing business, he added. He mentioned various sectors including textile, manufacturing, IT and financial services, physical and technological logistics, food, agriculture, tourism, housing and oil and gas where he said Chinese investment could be made.
“It is time to make investment in Pakistan ,” said PM Khan, adding that his office was dealing with the affairs of foreign investment in the country and now CPEC project would be dealt again from PM Office.
Imran Khan also visited Great Hall of people in Beijing while his Chinese Counterpart Li Keqiang received him.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019