Game Of Thrones fan demands 'trial by combat' in New York court
Richard Luthmann, who confessed to being a Game of Thrones fan, also claimed that trial by combat has never been declared unlawful by any court in United States. He further cited the conquest of England by Duke William II of Normandy in 11th century to prove the historic practice of fight till death while alleging that he will never be served with justice otherwise.
“Defendant invokes the common law writ of right and demands his common law right to Trial By Combat as against plaintiffs and their counsel, whom plaintiff wishes to implead into the Trial By Combat by writ of right,” the court filing states.
“Since independence, no American court in post-independence United States to the undersigned’s knowledge has addressed the issue, and thus the trial by combat remains a right reserved to the people and a valid alternative to civil action,” Luthmann asserted.
However Luthman has not clearly stated whether he would serve as his own champion or select a surrogate.
The practice has been featured in famous Game of Thrones series where Tyrion Lannister proved his innocence by requesting a trial by combat in first time however he failed in the second time.
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief06:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Hira Mani set to launch her YouTube channel with a 'big surprise'06:32 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022